These pictures are not in order! Saturday night Toot, Sis and I visited Mabel Stayrook. She was my mother's cousin . Mabel's father Reuben Stayrook was a brother to my grandmother Sara Stayrook Yoder (wife of Sam T. Yoder). Mabel is 90 years old, lives by herself since her two sisters died. When we got there she was playing Scrabble with herself. That way she always wins! She was a joy to visit. She is a talker and we enjoyed our visit.
This was taken at the reunion on Sunday held a Derry Township Park. These were my cousins and their families. The children of Danny Lee, brother of my father, also children of Jake younger brother of my Daddy. I the foreground on the right, facing away from camera is Danny Lee, son of Marlin(he was named for his grandfather). Then my cousin Glen (son of Jake), then Joe, son of Danny Lee (the elder). Some of the wives are in the background.
This is me with my oldest cousin, Danny, son of Dan (Grandpa's brother) Danny was 86 years old on the 16th and I was 80 on the 15th. His brother Joe is in the background.
One of the little great grandchildren. Notice the red hair! There were several others with red hair too.
This is the Filsons. Miles, Jenny, Daane, and Coleton. They were all at the reunion. Miles will be leaving in September for further training in Mississippi. He is a Warrant Officer and will be deployed in January.
Saturday night we also visited my cousin Nancy. She is the only daughter of my mother's only brother Jake. She lives in Valley View in one of the cottages. She was married to Marv's brother Lester and has been a widow quite a while. She usually is the one I get the put the markings on my quilts for me to quilt.
Back to the reunion . This is Toot talking to my cousin Glenn, he is the oldest son of my Uncle Jake, my Daddy's youngest brother. Glenn is a vet of the Viet Nam war. By the way, I had two Uncle Jakes. My mother and my Daddy each had a brother Jake.
The one in pink is Danny's daughter Andrea. Danny and Lois have four children. She is talking with Joe and Beverly's daughter Peggy.
This is Danny and Lois's son Stanley, unmarried and a geneology enthusiast.
Some more of the attendees. In the foreground is Marlin, the middle son of Dan and Elsie, my Daddy's oldest bother. The man beside him is Andrea's husband. Amy the daughter of Marlin and Dorothy had games for the children. I should have taken more pictures, but I surely enjoyed seeing my cousins. Some of them I only see at reunion time.
This was taken at the reunion on Sunday held a Derry Township Park. These were my cousins and their families. The children of Danny Lee, brother of my father, also children of Jake younger brother of my Daddy. I the foreground on the right, facing away from camera is Danny Lee, son of Marlin(he was named for his grandfather). Then my cousin Glen (son of Jake), then Joe, son of Danny Lee (the elder). Some of the wives are in the background.
This is me with my oldest cousin, Danny, son of Dan (Grandpa's brother) Danny was 86 years old on the 16th and I was 80 on the 15th. His brother Joe is in the background.
One of the little great grandchildren. Notice the red hair! There were several others with red hair too.
This is the Filsons. Miles, Jenny, Daane, and Coleton. They were all at the reunion. Miles will be leaving in September for further training in Mississippi. He is a Warrant Officer and will be deployed in January.
Saturday night we also visited my cousin Nancy. She is the only daughter of my mother's only brother Jake. She lives in Valley View in one of the cottages. She was married to Marv's brother Lester and has been a widow quite a while. She usually is the one I get the put the markings on my quilts for me to quilt.
Back to the reunion . This is Toot talking to my cousin Glenn, he is the oldest son of my Uncle Jake, my Daddy's youngest brother. Glenn is a vet of the Viet Nam war. By the way, I had two Uncle Jakes. My mother and my Daddy each had a brother Jake.
The one in pink is Danny's daughter Andrea. Danny and Lois have four children. She is talking with Joe and Beverly's daughter Peggy.
This is Danny and Lois's son Stanley, unmarried and a geneology enthusiast.
Some more of the attendees. In the foreground is Marlin, the middle son of Dan and Elsie, my Daddy's oldest bother. The man beside him is Andrea's husband. Amy the daughter of Marlin and Dorothy had games for the children. I should have taken more pictures, but I surely enjoyed seeing my cousins. Some of them I only see at reunion time.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you put in writing all the relationships, that way I can go back and read it again so that I can remember it better. What a wonderful weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with you and all the relatives. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment