
The Keystone Bluegrass Express was scheduled to sing at this event, but it got rained out. We were scheduled for 3 P.M., but they had a bad storm with hail and decided to close down. By the time we got there after two, people were leaving and it was no longer raining. In the back row is Kay Davis, Betty Naftzinger, me, Donna Davis. Front row is Laura Rentschler, Eric Zimmerman, and Wendell, our leader.

Another "shot" of the group. Wendell wanted pictires for on a business card.

This event is held every year at the Heritage Center in Kutztown. They have this barn, a one room school house, an old farm house etc.

This picture was taken behind the barn with our instruments. Betty with her twelve string guitar, Eric with his fiddle, Laura with her mandolin (she also plays fiddle), me with my guitar, Wendell with his banjo, Kay with her auto harp (she also plays the spoons) and Donna with the bass. Donna also plays fiddle, whistle, mandolin and plays organ and is choir director (paid position) at the Methodist Church in Hamburg.

Some of the tractors that hadn't been taken out yet. I think this one has a corn picker attached.

Nothing "runs like a Deere". An old John Deere and a newer one.

Many more tractors.

This is an old hay loader- before before the days of balers. Hay was raked together in rows and this loader picked up the hay and dropped it on the wagon. This was a big improvement from when a man walked on either side of the wagon with a pitchfork and forked it on the wagon.

Another picture of the group.
3 comments:
Wow those are awesome pics of the group. What a shame it got rained out. We had rain too but not enough to shut us down. You all look great.
Hi Grandma. Yes, I read your blog too! I love the pictures, especially the one with you all with your instruments. Well, at least you got nice pictures even though the event was cancelled. I hear you have a busy next month of events. I told my dad I was looking forward to receiving the CD.
I wish we could hear you guys play sometime. It sounds like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment