Thursday, August 7, 2008

Corn and flowers

I ordered two dozen ears of corn from the Phillips' at church. I always say Larry can't count because I always end up with more then 24. I think I had 28 or 29. I husked and cleaned it on my deck

After it was cleaned it looked like this. I had no one to take my picture as I was cutting it off, after blanching of course.
This is where it ended up. Ten pints in my freezer. I was tired, but happy to have it in my freezer. I just had to take a picture of my hibiscus. It is the Hawaii state flower, only this one is able to withstand our PA winters. The stalks are just loaded with buds.

I had to show another pic of my dwarf sunflower. You see it has four blooms on one stalk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm that corn looks good. and your hibiscus looks great. i'm jealous of your sunflower, mine from your neighbor did nothing. i called amy rhodes today and gave our rsvp to her voicemail. i told her you, me and rod would be attending. i need anna margaret's phone number so i can call and see if we can stay with her.