Wendell and I decided to ride this old car. He took my picture, then I got in the back and he drove. But we both decided this was too tame. So, we went to the roller coaster called the Phoenix. It was a wooden rail thing. It was "wicked"! It went so fast and the Gs were so pronounced that it lifted us both out of our seats and then flopped us down. It did that on several of the drops.
We also went on the bumper cars. We both had a blast and went back to where Rita was sitting at the table and persuaded her to come on the bumper cars too. She did and I took her picture and wanted her to take mine, but they started them up before she got a picture of me. So, I had two rides on the bumper cars. It was a great picnic, but very hot. It was held at Knoebel's Grove at Elysburg, PA. It is a very nice amusement park with lots of trees but it was a hot day and we walked a lot.
This is a picture of the youngest person there, Ricky and Amy's little Joanna. She is only two weeks old on this picture. Becky in case you don't know Amy is Phyllis and Andy's youngest daughter, married to Ricky Eberly. Ricky is one of Wexcon's foremen.
They had the picnic catered for us. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecued chicken, macaroni salad, baked beans, cole slaw, chips and ice cream, Also sodas in a keg. I liked the birch beer. So good.
3 comments:
Wow, you are quite the adverturer, riding the wild rides. Guess I know who to blame it on when Rod accuses me of liking the crazy rides. Hehehe. Why do we feel the need to blame our "issues" on someone else? Oh, well, it's fun anyway. Glad you enjoyed the bumper cars, that is one ride I refuse to go on. I don't like the jarring of the collisions. Joanna's pic is so cute. She looks so wide awake and alert. Glad they could make it. Looks like a great time had by all.
Nice update G-mom! I feel like I hardly saw you on Saturday! It was fun though. I would like some of you raspberries but I'm not sure when I could get them. I'll have to ask Ricky if he's going to the shop anytime soon maybe he could get them for me. I really like red raspberries but black ones are good too.
Grandma, you are so funny. You are always surprising me with the crazy things you do. I think you are getting wilder in your old age!
Post a Comment