Saturday, November 1, 2008

Visit from a pumpkin & concert

Saturday morning I had a visit from a cute little pumpkin. Nathan and Krista brought Ethan to visit.
I love the privilege of holding my great grandkids. What a joy to hold them and interact with them. You see Ethan has some snacks in the holder. He even gave me one of his gold fish and later a pretzel.

I'm not sure Ethan is as thrilled at having his picture taken with me as I am being able to hold him. He is talking and just a real cutie. Nathan, Krista and Ethan left after a short visit. They had another set of great grandparents to visit and Ethan's grandparents (Sam and Julie) also Erik, Deb and girls.


At one o'clock, I picked up Betty Naftzinger, and Rita and we headed to the Kempton Community Center. We were in a gospel music program. Wendell had gone earlier to set up the P.A. system. The first on the program were the MacPhersons. They were originally from Wales. I had never met them, but they were very friendly and sang well.



Next on the program was the Ronald Zimmerman Family. They did a nice job. The boy is 8 or 9 and he sang and harmonized with his Dad. He also played guitar.




We were the next group. Rita took our picture- The Keystone Bluegrass Express. Each group had a little over a half hour. They had asked Wendell to Emcee the program. He had our sound system that they used. The next picture is also the Keystone Bluegrass Express. You see me on the left, then Wendell, Laura Rentschler, Betty Naftzinger, and Eric Zimmerman. I don't think Eric is related to the other Zimmermans.






The last group was "Garment of Praise" a Mennonite group, who sang acapella. They are very good. The group has two Petersheims and I forget the other two names. The reason I know the Petersheims- Daryl and his dad (Willy) both work for Wexcon. Daryl won first place with a song he had written. He won at the National Quartet Convention. After each group sang, they had food for everyone who attended. After we ate we all had about a half hour again. So, it was a very enjoyable day and inspirational.











6 comments:

Christy said...

Wow, Ethan got big! How fun to have a visit from the great pumpkin:) Ricky told me about the dinner after you did then, I'll look forward to seeing you there, wherever it is.

Katy said...

oops, that comment said it was C&C but it was me. I'm at my mom's this weekend and I guess Christy was signed into here before and I didn't realize it.

Becky Walters said...

Has your group thought about making a CD? I would love to have one if you ever do. Singing is great fun and great blessings too.
Becky

Christy said...

I was going to say, Hey I didn't say that!!!
Anyway what I was going to say was how about the Keystone Blugrass Express plays at the Christmas gathering? I really want to hear you guys play. The kids are always talking about Grandma Yoder and all her instruments. I got them a toy accordion at a used toy sale and they were so excited!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great Saturday. So much going on. I remember the Garment of Praise, you let me borrow their CD once.

Nancy Yoder said...

Becky,
Wendell, records our practice sessions and also when we do programs. I will tell him to send you the CD we did that was all gospel. We will be singing at the Lebanon VA hospital this Satuday and because it is close to Vetern's Day we will be doing battle songs, the service songs and also others and finishing the program with battle songs , one example is "Joshua Fit the Battle Of Jericho"
And Christy, I don't know if we could get our group together for the Yoder Christmas or not. I will mention it to Wendell.