Saturday, November 15, 2008

Repairs & Banquet

My flusher in the bathroom (off my bedroom) broke, so this handy "repairman" agreed to fix it for me. He came over to see what he needed and went to Kuzan's in Shoey for the part. It cost under $5. For those who might not know my repairman is Erik.
When Phyllis was here in August the towel rack came apart in the guest bathroom. I didn't know how to fix it, so my "repairman" said it was simple. He needed a small screw driver (out of my sewing machine tools) and it is now up in place.

Amy talked about the Wexcon dinner for Foremen and wives. I am not a foreman, but Wendell always takes me along. This is a picture of Kevin Martin & wife. He is one of the foremen and he actually had two desserts! In the background are Paul Rittenour and wife. Paul schedules the work and goes out to check the various jobs. He is also in the office part time, getting prices for pipe etc.

This is a picture of how the tables were- in an U shape setting. On the left with his back to us is Wendell. John is next with his fiance, Andrea. John does the bidding, gets plans, works up the prices and someone takes the bids to whoever has the job available. Rita had been seated next to Wendell, but must have gone to the rest room when I took this pic.



This is Joanna. Amy is holding her. Her Daddy, Ricky is one of the foremen. She had to come because her "meal ticket" was there!




7 comments:

Katy said...

that's so nice of Eric to be your repairman. Do you pay him in Grandma cookies? It was nice to see you the other night. I guess I'll get to see you a couple times in december. Are you coming to the wallin Christmas too? That would make 3 times!:)

Phyllis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phyllis said...

What a nice guy Erik is! Isn't it a good feeling to get some of those little things taken care of?

Love,
Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Glad you have a handyman close. How's your schedule this week, Can I call Mon or Tues nite?

Nancy Yoder said...

Amy, I don't know if I will be at the Wallin Christmas. So, far I haven't been invited.
Toot, you can call Monday night if you don't have small groups. My neighbor girl is to come over but she doesn't stay real late. I* plan to be home Tuesday night.

Nancy Yoder said...

Another note to Amy: I paid Erik, but not in cookies. Deb is a good baker so I figure money would be better. He never wants to charge me, but I tell him he MUST allow me to give him some pay.

Becky Walters said...

Wow you are really lucky to have grandsons close by who can do "handyman" repairs. You are really blessed to have so many of your family near you.
Prayers, Becky & Jimmy