This is a picture of the berries on my dogwood tree. It doesn't show up as nice as it does when you are standing on my lawn, but maybe it was too early in the morning.
This is what I did yesterday- a knitting lesson. Julie had a pattern she wanted help on, but she had forgotten a lot that she had learned before. So, I taught her how to cast on, how to do the ribbing, and how to use other colors in a pattern. She said if she gets going she might want to have me show her again on the colors. The sweater she chose for Aubree is knit on the circular needles. I have some but not the size her pattern called for, so she was going to buy the size she needed. She wants to make a sweater for Aubree and Mindy and then when her boys were small I had knit a sweater with a train on it. She asked if I still had that pattern, because Ethan loves trains. So while she was practicing her knitting I found the train sweater pattern. She has chosen a big job wanting to knit three sweaters.
For you grandkids- this is Grandpa's older sister, Anna Mary and her husband, Marvin Byler. They just celebrated 61 years of marriage. We had a Harvest Party at church tonight with
For you grandkids- this is Grandpa's older sister, Anna Mary and her husband, Marvin Byler. They just celebrated 61 years of marriage. We had a Harvest Party at church tonight with soups, sandwiches etc. They had games for the kids and a hay ride. I took this picture when they were eating and I don't think they even knew I had taken it.
7 comments:
Does Grandpa's sister go to your church? Are there other relatives that go there as well?
Yes, Marv's go to the Schuylkill Valley Bible Church where I go. Their oldest daughter Jane goes there, too, and is the pianist.
I found some time to catch up on our families' blogs. It's fun reading them and seeing the pictures. It does look like fall has come to PA. We get a have change in seasons in CA, but not like PA.
That is a nice pic of your dogwood tree. I never knew they looked like that in the fall. I, too, like the dogwood trees. we do not have them in San Diego. Perhaps in the mountains where it is colder. That was a nice pic of Marv & Anna Mary celebrating 61 years of marriage. Wow! God willing-maybe me & Jimmy will see 61 years too. Thanks Nancy
Awesome Mother, I love your dogwood and berries. Lloyd & Linda just put one in this year and it has berries too. I'm hoping I can watch the action with the birds from my windows. Julie sure is ambitious, I'm sure she'll do a great job. Good pic of Marv & Anna Mary, what did we do before blogging?! What a great way to keep in touch and keep the memories alive. Looks like you had a great weekend. Good to talk to you last nite.
I have a nice dogwood here too but the birds ate all the berries already and it hasn't changed color yet. I'll have to bring my knitting over when I'm ready to finish it. I always forget how to finish for some reason. I'm not anywhere close to being done though.
Hey, Amy, What are you knitting? Probably nothing as complicated as Julie wants to do. The first sweater wants to do has that Norwegian type of pattern all around the yoke with about 3 or 4 different colors. Did you enjoy the Phillies win? Yeah, Phillies!
Post a Comment