Friday, July 17, 2009

Wexcon Picnic & anniversary

Rita on the bumper boats. I was in one, too.
Wendell on the bumper cars. He was a real "trouble maker" as he tried to bump both Rita and me.Joanna with Kevin Martin's little boy at the picnic. I think he was sleepy rather than not liking Joanna. I could have taken a lot more pics, but "restrained" my self.
As for the anniversary- today is twelve years since I am making my journey through life along. Many times have been hard, but God has been good. I rely on His promises to provide for me and He does. It is especially hard at times because it is a "couples" world. Wendell and Rita have been so good to me as have the rest of my children .

6 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like a fun time at Knobels. I love it there and I am not usually one for amusement parks. It is so nice and shaded and family friendly.

It is hard to believe that it has been 12 years since Grandpa passed away. I am sure that it is still hard for you and lonely at times but I think you do amazingly well on your own.

Katy said...

It was nice to see you a little bit on Saturday, that is so fun when we go there, I hope we do it again next year.

Beckywalters66@gmail.com said...

Whoa!! You are awful brave on those bumper boats. The cars are a little my style. Cannot believe 12 years have gone since John passed away. I am so happy you have so many of your family close to you. Even though, as you say, it is a couples world, just having children & grand children & great grand children brings a lot of joy to you. And don't let any "grass grow under your feet". Hope to see you this year in SD.

He and She said...

I can't believe it has been 12 years already...the memory of it is still very fresh in my mind. this is Dawn by the way.

Anonymous said...

You go momma, ride those wild things. Like I told you, no bumper cars or boats for me, just the other wild rides. -Twelve years, sometimes it seems like yesterday, other times it seems like it's been so long. I often think about Daddy and the sweet fellowship we had in his last days. I do miss him. I too am glad all us kids are relatively close, especially glad you have Wendell & Rita

Josh and Heidi Van Ee said...

I heard it was a fun time at Knobels. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Praise God for giving you strength and courage to continue on in this life without Grandpa and for giving you people to encourage you along the way!