Sunday, July 12, 2009

Asian lilies, July 4th, roof repair

These lilies- I bought one bulb some years ago and they keep multiplying. I have given bulbs away and still have too many. Even the big "kids" like the Grandma cookies that I take for the 4th and our Christmas get together. I never have any left over!
This is Joel and Mandy's Garin. He is one year old now and certainly not undernourished!
Rita, Annaliese, Julie, Judy with her back turned. The green Tupperware bowl is what is always full of my cookies when I get there, and empty when I come home.
A picture of Joel with me. It was so good to have him and Mark back from Iraq and able to join us at the annual 4th picnic.

Joel with his big boy, Garin
Kerby and Wendell enjoying the time together. Mark and Julie in the background.
Sam and Wendell having a chat. Anna at the folding table. Deb in the background.
Kerby and Anna probably discussing Anna's new career.
Judy and Chuck. Judy was talking to someone not on the pic.
Some of Judy's stickie buns. They are a necessity at every Yoder get together. She always makes some plain, some with nuts, some with raisins, and some with nuts and raisins. They are always a "hit".

John, Andrea, and I played a game of Parcheesi. It was so long since I had played, that we had to read the rules. It was a close game.
Kaelyn Geesaman ( Joel & Mandy) and Aubree Yoder (Erik & Deb). They were so cute together.
This is Ethan Yoder, Nathan & Krista's son. The little Yoder kids are Sam and Julie's grandchildren. Of course the little Geesaman children are Toot & Rod's grandchildren.
Mr. & Mrs. John W. Yoder II ( John and Andrea)
Joel and Kaelyn also Erik and Mindy. I missed the pictures of the three Geesaman boys rough housing. I believe I missed taking a picture of Matt. Cherie didn't come. She had worked the last two nights ( a nurse) and needed her rest.
Mindy getting a ride on her Daddy's (Erik) back.
Aubree and Kaelyn enjoyed chasing the chickens, catching and carrying them around. This is Kaelyn with her "catch"
Here are my "contractors" putting a new roof on my house. Erik and Sam had put a new one on Erik's house last summer and since Erik is a school teacher he enjoys doing other work in the summer for extra income. Erik took charge ordering and heading up the work. They came early in the morning, took a break in mid afternoon and then worked until almost dark. They started on Monday and finished the roof on Wednesday. Erik had three other workers helping him. He and Deb's brother came back Thursday morning for clean up.
The tarp at the back of the house to catch the mess










































































































































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your lilies are beautiful, I need to divide mine too. Yes, I do have a goofy look on my face, but I totally enjoyed that cookie! Sounds like your contractors did a bang up job on your roof. It sure didn't take them long.