Wendell & Christian Leinbach named the event Best of Berks Bluegrass. This was on Thursday February 4. It was to be a two night event, with donation admission of $5 per person. This is the Stoney Mountain Gang from Orwigsburg area.
This is East Side Dave and his group. I forget what the band is called. He also is on WEEU in Reading at times and promoted it.
This is Christian Leinbach joining East Side Dave. Christian is a County Commissioner and an elder in our church. The concert was held in the church.
This is Christian singing with Betty Naftzinger. They did about 4 songs. All the other groups had 45 minutes. Christian was also M.C. for the evening.
Our pastor's wife, Mary Buerer joined them on one song. She and Christian sing together in church sometimes. She is also his secretary at the commissioner's office.
This is the accapella group, "Garment of Praise" They are Mennonite, but really good. The second from the left is Daryl Petersheim, Willy's son. He works for Wexcon. Daryl's younger brother is next to him.We were going to have a second night of three differnt groups the following night. Those scheduled were the Rohrbach Family, Keystone Mountain Way (Wendell's group) and Mike Hertzog and his band. The second night was postponed because of bad weather. It was rescheduled for February 26, but bad weather cancelled it again. The church was full the first night and we took in over $2000.00. None of the groups charged for their music and all the money taken in was sent to Haiti. It has not been rescheduled.
I guess we are having an "old fashioned winter". When I wanted to fill my bird feeder, my knee
high boots sank down. It was hard fighting my way to the feeder, but the birds really enjoyed the food. See how my mail box is almost covered.
My neighbor opened my driveway twice this winter. I just went in and out of the garage, rather than shoveling the front walk.
My flowering quince bush is almost covered with snow.
I guess we are having an "old fashioned winter". When I wanted to fill my bird feeder, my kneehigh boots sank down. It was hard fighting my way to the feeder, but the birds really enjoyed the food. See how my mail box is almost covered.
My neighbor opened my driveway twice this winter. I just went in and out of the garage, rather than shoveling the front walk.
My flowering quince bush is almost covered with snow.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. It was good to see the pics of the benefit. Really neat that you were able to raise that amount of $$$. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. Talk to you soon.
That is so nice that you have a neighbor that will clear your driveway for you especially with all that snow!
Post a Comment