Wendell said he wanted to take me to the Seven Mountain Bluegrass picnic and "jam" It was held at Allenberry near Dillsburg. He had paid for three of us and we ate there and then "jammed" Rita took some pictures, not "goofed" and didn't get the ones where Wendell and I were standing to sing.
There were fiddles, banjoes, guitars, dobros. upright bass, mandolin, autoharp. They didn't all play at the same time. We just all played along. They would tell us what key they were doing and even if we didn't know the song too well, we could "hear" what to play.
There were long tables where we ate, cafeteria style. There were some folks sitting outside the pavilion on their lawn chairs.


I had to have a picture of this lady. She came up and played her mouth organ and was very good. She will be 91 years old next month. I think music keeps you young!
Notice she has her cane.
The dobro player in the foreground.
The previous pics were of Saturday. Wendell and Rita had said quite awhile ago that they wanted to take John and I out for our birthdays on Sunday. They said we were going to Moselem Springs, which we did, but imagine my surprise when hostess took us to our seats in a room and there were all my family. They really pulled a fast one on me this time. If you want to see more pics you will have to check out Phyllis or Toot. They were taking pictures.


Me and my three girls.
All five with me.
My children and their spouses.

7 comments:
looks like your saturday jam was a blast. looks like your sunday get together was good too. what a good looking family you have!!! Had a great time.
Wow Nancy what a wonderful celebration! Music really does keep you young. A ninety year old playing a mouth organ! GREAT. And all the children and their spouses celebrating your b/day. Too wonderful!
It was such a great day! So glad we could truly surprise you - it was a very touching day to have time with family and not a lot of distractions!
YAY! Happy birthday Grandmom! Hope you had fun, sorry we couldn't make it but I still have to wait to take Kira out and about.
Happy Birthday, Grandma. Sorry we couldn't make it to the party, but we decided it would be better to try to come at Christmas instead. I heard you were plenty surprised. I'm glad it was a good party.
Ha what a fun surprise! happy Birthday!
Looks like a grand time! Wish I could have heard the music. I love that bluegrass gospel style. It must be in the blood.
Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment