Sunday, June 7, 2009

Naomi's 4th birthday

Naomi's "smile" as we were ready for the Happy Birthday
Getting ready to blow out the candles. She had four and she did pretty good. Her cake was carrot cake- cup cake and very good, Christy made them.
Here she is with the mouth organ I gave her. I thought maybe I could teach her to play "Jesus Loves Me", but forget it. She was too enthralled with being able to make sounds. I had my harmonica along and played "Happy Birthday" for her. If Christy decides to "lose" the mouth organ awhile, I wouldn't blame her. Naomi was just constantly giving us a "concert"

Here is Gracie on their horse which Grandpa Lindsay had gotten them several weeks ago. Christian did burgers and hot dogs on the grill and we all enjoyed the picnic indoors. In the afternoon we were outside and it was such a nice day. It was warm with a breeze going. Just a real relaxing afternoon. It only takes 1 hour and 7 minutes to get to their house, but I really have to watch- there are so many turns and up hill and down, but I did it. I had a great time. The Lindsays were there also Andy and Phyllis for the birthday picnic.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Wow, good job! You got that up fast. I like your new picture with you and your guitar on the side. Very nice! Thanks again for coming today. I am so glad you brought your harmonica and played for Naomi. I wanted to ask you to bring one of your instruments but I didn't want it too be too much trouble so I was so happy that you did that! See you soon.

Katy said...

looks like a fun day. i love that first picture of Naomi, she is too funny.

judy said...

Perhaps we have a new generation of performers at our Yoder get-togethers!