I love spring. I took these pictures of my crocus about a week ago. I didn't post them because I knew my trip was coming up.
If you want to see my ride, refer to the previous post.
I had to be at the shop at 6 A.M. again for another work day at the hunting camp. When we pulled in, here were the piles of gravel stone that Wendell needed to level off. I took this picture out the truck window before I got out.
Sallie met me at the camp and we went to Peachey's for a small breakfast. No buffet this time. Sallie had arranged to have our old Sunday School class to get together for a lunch. These were the girls who were in my class at Locust Grove. Five of the girls are no longer living. These pictured are Esther (Hostetler) Stuter, me, Bertha (Byler) Peachey, Martha Yoder (never married), Betty (Krepps) Sharp, and of course Sallie. They all, brought food, but nobody told me, so I just enjoyed their food. It would have been a little hard for me to take food, as it was ,I had a hard time finding place for me feet.
This is Marlin and wife Mary, who live in Harrisonburg, VA. I think he teaches math down there. They came to spend the week end with Sallie, because it is two years today that Merle passed away. I think that was so nice of them- to make sure she didn't have to be alone on this day.
This is a picture of some of the work crew. They put a deck out the back of the camp, added a door onto the deck, put on a new roof. They had put new windows in before. They were still working when we left at four. Wendell has cruise control on his Mack truck and we made it home in two hours.
Sallie met me at the camp and we went to Peachey's for a small breakfast. No buffet this time. Sallie had arranged to have our old Sunday School class to get together for a lunch. These were the girls who were in my class at Locust Grove. Five of the girls are no longer living. These pictured are Esther (Hostetler) Stuter, me, Bertha (Byler) Peachey, Martha Yoder (never married), Betty (Krepps) Sharp, and of course Sallie. They all, brought food, but nobody told me, so I just enjoyed their food. It would have been a little hard for me to take food, as it was ,I had a hard time finding place for me feet.
This is Marlin and wife Mary, who live in Harrisonburg, VA. I think he teaches math down there. They came to spend the week end with Sallie, because it is two years today that Merle passed away. I think that was so nice of them- to make sure she didn't have to be alone on this day.
This is a picture of some of the work crew. They put a deck out the back of the camp, added a door onto the deck, put on a new roof. They had put new windows in before. They were still working when we left at four. Wendell has cruise control on his Mack truck and we made it home in two hours.
Marlin's Mary thought it was funny about me riding in this big truck. She wanted Sallie and me to stand in front of the truck, to show how big it is compared to us. Is it any wonder Wendell has to push me up when I get in?
4 comments:
Nice pictures of your flowers Grandma!
that first picture of the flowers that t=you took is really good! so pretty, I love spring.
It was so nice of Marlin to go be with Sallie - he looks OLD! Perhaps I'm old, too!
I also had the same thought as Judy. Marlin does look old. Amazing how we see others, when we are much older(I speak for myself). Bertha(Byler) Peachey was my SS teacher at Woodland. Good grief has it been that long?!!!!
Becky
Post a Comment