Saturday, February 7, 2009

Making a quilt

Which pattern do I want to use for John's quilt? I think maybe the log cabin design will work
Here I am using the rotary cutter to cut the strips for the quilt. All the strips are cut two inches wide.
John suggested using the colors of our flag as well as the flag from Columbia, since Andrea was born in Columbia. She came to the U.S. and graduated from Reading High. I didn 't know what the Columbian flag looked like, so I went on the internet and found there were three horizontal colors- red, yellow, and red. I was sure how this would look, but I found some fabric with stars, also red and white striped. Also fabric with the flag (Old Glory) and the words of the Star Spangled Banner in the back ground. So I bought the fabric and started.
I managed to get it in the frames and have started quilting. It will take quite awhile. John and Andrea have not set the date yet. If they get married before it is finished, they will just have to wait. Toot and Rod were here today. Toot was kind enough to take these pics for me. Hope you enjoy them.

6 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

I goofed. Columbia's flag is red, yellow, and blue!

Josh and Heidi Van Ee said...

The quilt looks great, Grandma. I'm sure they'll love it as much as we have loved ours.

Christy said...

I love it Grandma! Very creative. Thanks for the update.

Phyllis said...

Very pretty...good job.

Becky Walters said...

Wow!! That looks GREAT!! Quilts atr truely a work of art. I still have the one Mom gave me. it is a doulbe wedding design. It was embroidered by Annie Renno. I am very reluctant to use it as some of the stiches have begun to tear. So i keep it wrapped up in a pillow case and get it out and look at occasionally.
Keep up the good work!!!
I am sure John & his wife will cherish it.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Well, I knew you would get comments on this update. It looks great in the pic. So bright and colorful. Had a great time with you but it was too short as usual.