Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Some time ago, I took this picture , hoping the re headed woodpecker that was at my feeder would show up! I don't think it did.
We had over 4 inches of snow. My neighbor has off Wednesdays so he plowed my driveway. I didn't ask him to do it. If he doesn't do it, then the neighbors across the street usually do it. I think they like to "play" in the snow.

See the banks of snow? It's so nice to see if you are in a warm house and don't need to drive any where.Look at the snow banks at my mail box. So glad I didn't have to drive out through the snow.

The birds are really enjoying their food. I have seen juncos, cedar waxwing (I think), male and female cardinals, and the woodpeckers. I'm not sure which woodpecker it was. I try to figure it out with my bird book. Today the snow turned to rain. If it would have snowed all day, instead of rain we would have had a lot. They are saying it could turn back to snow tonight. The temps are supposed to fall and things get icy.









2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I love snow. I think it's so beautiful. You certainly got more than we did here in NJ. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

We got a couple inches and then a glazing of ice. I shoveled the driveway when I got home Wed nite, took me 1 1/2 hrs. Very glad I did it, it would be a nasty mess now if not cleared. When I made your first pic bigger I could just see the bottom of the woodpecker at the feeder!