Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Flowers

My wisteria in full bloom. After having waited for it to bloom about ten years I was thinking of cutting it down, but instead pruned it good. It has been blooming more every year.
Close up of the wisteria.

My dogwood that was supposed to be pink- it's white, but I like it anyway.
My little azalea that Judy sent me several years ago. It outdoes itself with blooms every year.
My white lilac bush from behind the house. I have two white ones.

The deep purple lilac that was moved from Stone Valley to many residences along the way.

Lily of the valley- these came from Grandma and were moved from house to house.

These flowers are from Toot. I think she made a trip to Long's.

These were delivered by FedEx this morning. A gift from Judy.

These are flowers that John brought over yesterday. The lilies are so fragrant. There are also three yellow roses mixed in. Very beautiful. John also sat down and talked a while. I liked the visit so much.

Here are my special guests who were with me at my Mother/Daughter brunch at church. It was a very nice time. In the back: Rita, Julie, Cherie, Toot, with me in the front.

5 comments:

Katy said...

your flowers are bueatiful as always. I have a vine that mom said was wisteria but it doesn't flower. Yours is so pretty. Have a happy mother's day! Looks like you had fun. I was sad I couldn't see you at the foreman dinner, I thought they were going to reschedule it so we could go:( Maybe you should come for a visit sometime;)

Nancy Yoder said...

Amy maybe I can come to visit, but I am so busy !! If you have a wisteria vine, you need to trim it back every year. It grows so fast anyway, but it needs to have the ends cut back. Do you like my picture with my guitar? Toot took it yesterday and helped me put it on. You could come to visit me, too.

Katy said...

I did trim my "wisteria" vine back this early spring, I don't know if that's what it is though. I like that picture of you with the guitar, I also like the pictures of you with your mother's day flowers. Are you coming down for Dawn's shower? I guess I can see you then. hope you had a good day:)

Becky Walters said...

Lilacs- -I miss them soo much!! We cannot grow them in SD. It does not get cold enough. So I have to find satisfaction in other things that we can have. Like oranges, tangerines,etc.
Becky

He and She said...

It must smell so good in your backyard!!